Final Reflection

Entry 4 (Blog 7/ Final Reflection)-

This semester was a mix of emotions. It was the semester after ring figure, so my brother rats and I were calming down from the culmination and realizing that we have to make our grades better. Then COVID-19 struct and sent us all home for the rest of the semester, so this has been a confusing time but has impacted me with an abundance of learning and knowledge. In ERH 411 particularly I learned a lot about collaborating over an online environment and learning how to make an in person interaction with the kids in our class and change that to an online interaction. After class on Tuesday and Thursday I would create a Zoom meeting for Sam, Matthew, and I to complete any work we needed to. This allowed us to work on assignments and ask each other questions. The collaborative working and Zoom meetings allowed us to finish assignments even quicker because we were working on shared documents and would assign parts of the assignment to eachother and work on it to finish it quicker.

Cadets are used to a rigid structure and not used to working on class work from home in a distance learning structure. It has been a struggle to create my own structure and schedule once I got home. I have never done this, and I just figured out what works best for me to complete assignments and study at school. So I had to start from square one and add more items to my schedule, like chores. It took me a while, but I got a routine figured out. I would wake up in the morning around 0800 and get my coffee then I would make a list of the assignments I had to complete that day, then I would begin working on them and have them finished around lunch time or a little after that. Then the rest of the day I would work on chores or any other responsibilities I had that day. In some cases I would save time after dinner to work on bigger assignments like papers, speeches, etc. I was able to succeed this semester due to the discipline and maturity I have gained at VMI. This was a trying time, but I was able to figure it out in the long run.