Blog 7 Self Reflection

Final Reflection

May 1st 2020

My time in Maury River Middle school within the realm of Mrs. Dowless 6th grade classroom was short lived. Even though it was short lived, I believe that through the semester I learned a lot of valuable things and it has shaped me into the man I am today. I believe that through the course when I first enrolled, I had a very small conception of Rockbridge schools systems. I believed that the school system was primarily filled with well upstanding students of the upper echelon. But after arriving and finally seeing MRS. Dowless class I was relieved. They had students that resemble the same background as me, Coming from all works of life. I was nervous about how the kids would react to me being from VMI. They gladly welcomed my partner (Tyren) and I with welcome arms. I arrived there at the school to show and observe PBL learning activities displayed by all Virginia schools especially here in Rockbridge County.  I really didn’t think much of the experience but in the short amount of time that I have spent with the students has been very critical. I enjoyed my time in Mrs. Dowless classroom. I never though that I would grow and attach the students that I was accustomed to seeing almost every week. My partner and I were very lucky. We were fortune enough to able to have more in class visits then the rest of the students in my respected class. The students taught me a multitude of things whether they know it or not. The things that they taught me will forever remain with me. I also would like to thank Mrs. Dowless for allowing us to enter her classroom and be apart of this wonderful experience. I would also like to thank MAJ. Hodde for giving me the opportunity for taking the class. The experience that I have had in the class has been memorable.