POC – Brief History

The first two assigned chapters to the Saich book, Governance and Politics of China (GPC), cover China’s political history from the birth of the People’s Republic in 1949 to essentially the modern day in 2010. The background the book provides is dense but necessary to understand how (and why) the Chinese government exists as it does today.

I personally lack a solid historical background of Chinese history, so the chapters, while dry, were especially useful in establishing a basis of a kind. The timeline of the tumultuous path the PRC has taken since 1949 is still a little unclear, however.

The BBC’s profile on China has been useful to simplify the main events. The link below leads to a timeline of key events in Chinese history, including the important political actions and programmes Saich describes. The timeline includes landmarks not included in the book, this helps to separate political events from each other.

BBC China Profile – Timeline

The BBC’s profile in general is a useful overview of the state.

29 thoughts on “POC – Brief History”

1. I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! keonhacai

2. It’s really great. Thank you for providing a quality article. There is something you might be interested in. Do you know safetoto ? If you have more questions, please come to my site and check it out!

3. The assignment submission period was over and I was nervous, casinosite and I am very happy to see your post just in time and it was a great help. Thank you ! Leave your blog address below. Please visit me anytime.

4. You have done a great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you. 바카라사이트

5. An fascinating discussion is value comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this matter, it won’t be a taboo topic however generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. 바카라사이트

6. It’s a good article. I learn something new and challenging from the site I meet by chance every day. It will always be useful to read other writers’ articles and practice something on other websites. 사설토토사이트

7. Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. baccaratsite Hopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.

8. It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit. safetoto

9. Your article has answered the question I was wondering about! I would like to write a thesis on this subject, but I would like you to give your opinion once 😀 totosite

10. I’ve been looking for photos and articles on this topic over the past few days due to a school assignment, totosite and I’m really happy to find a post with the material I was looking for! I bookmark and will come often! Thanks 😀

11. I’ve been troubled for several days with this topic. baccarat online, But by chance looking at your post solved my problem! I will leave my blog, so when would you like to visit it?

12. The assignment submission period was over and I was nervous, casinosite and I am very happy to see your post just in time and it was a great help. Thank you ! Leave your blog address below. Please visit me anytime.