Response to prompt 1:

When playing the sport the of lacrosse in high school, I enjoyed how fun the sport is to play along with the friends you can make when joining a new sport or activity. This changed me as a learner through finding ways to apply myself rather than staying at home and doing nothing which also made the day a bit more exciting when being able to play the sport. It also led me into playing club lacrosse in college which is another great opportunity I found. Being apart of something is why the sport of lacrosse has always been a fun sport to me along with the happiness it brings me when I discovered myself through plying a sport.

College has really crafted different ways of thinking whether its through classes or doing military-based training. Thinking of what words to use in class translates well into real-world situations along with the ability to correct myself when I feel that I’m not conveying any good ideas towards my intended audience. That’s why my continuous development on brainstorming and not overthinking when it comes to delivering a speech, a proposition, or rhetoric.

Dewey’s experience in education interests me as it shows the differences during the time period in which he was involved in education including principles that still apply to what we go through today a Dewey’s idea of schools offering “a continual process of reconstruction of experience” (Dewey 90). I also like how Dewey says that the only